Sunday 28 June 2020

Summer Picnic with Jaffareadstoo ~ Josie Bonham ☼



☼ Jaffareadstoo is delighted to welcome you all to our Summer Picnic ☼ 

Pull up a deck chair, tie knots in your hanky and roll up your trouser legs!

☼ Summer time is here ☼ 








 I'm delighted to welcome author, Josie Bonham to our picnic ☼






What favourite foods are you bringing to our summer picnic? 

Fruit Scones with homemade plum jam.


Would you like chilled white wine, a flute of Prosecco, a tumbler of Pimms, or a tall glass of sparkling elderflower cordial?

Pimms with homegrown cucumber, prepared by my eldest niece who does amazing things with a jug of Pimms.


Where shall we sit, by the pool, in the garden, in the countryside, at the seaside?

Seaside would be lovely. 


Do we have a wicker hamper, tablecloth and cutlery, or is everything in a supermarket carrier bag?

Let’s go for all the trimmings.


Do you have favourite place to have a summer picnic?

Tricky one this. There are so many lovely places. I was very taken with Lyme Regis, let’s go there.


Which of your literary heroes are joining us on the picnic today?

It has to be Jane Austen. I wonder what she will make of the changes at Lyme Regis?


Which summer read are you bringing with you today?

Frederica by Georgette Heyer.


311196
Arrow


What is your earliest summer memory?

Riding around the garden in a red pedal car when I was about three.


Do you have a favourite summer hideaway?

We have relatives in Devon. We stay in Exmouth when we visit them and always have at least one trip to Topsham Bay.


Do you have a summer music playlist for reading / writing? And if so will you share with us a favourite song or piece of music that makes you feel summery?

I write best when it’s quiet so never play music. I’m easily distracted!


Do you find that your reading tastes differ between winter and summer?


To some extent. I love reading a Regency romance with at least a smattering of snow on the ground in the run up to Christmas. I like writing them too. 


Do you find it easier to write in the summer months or during the winter? 

Easier in summer I think, although Nanowrimo is a good idea. I wrote a novella last November by signing up. 


Would you like to tell us a little about your latest novel, or your current work in progress? 

My debut novel, A Good Match For The Major, is the first in a series of Regency romances with a good dash of adventure. Their heat level is warm.



53423124. sy475


More about Josie

I’ve always been a daydreamer and a bookworm. For years I started writing things and never finishing them. My sister persuaded me to try a Future learn free writing course which was helpful. When my niece sat down and wrote a novel just after that I decided it was time to take it seriously. I joined the Romantic Novelists New Writers Scheme and the help and support I’ve had has been amazing.


Josie, where can we find you on Social Media?

Twitter @BonhamJosie


☼Thank you for coming to our picnic☼Follow on Twitter

#SummerPicnicwithJaffareadstoo








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.