Sunday 5 July 2020

Summer Picnic with Jaffareadstoo ~ Lisa Sell ☼



☼ Jaffareadstoo is delighted to welcome you all to our Summer Picnic ☼ 

Pull up a deck chair, tie knots in your hanky and roll up your trouser legs!

☼ Summer time is here ☼ 








 I'm delighted to welcome author, Lisa Sell to our picnic ☼






What favourite foods are you bringing to our summer picnic? 

All the cheese, chocolate and coffee. Everything good in foods starts with a c! 


Would you like chilled white wine, a flute of Prosecco, a tumbler of Pimms, or a tall glass of sparkling elderflower cordial? 

Can I have a cold lager instead please? Not very classy but that’s me. 


Where shall we sit, by the pool, in the garden, in the countryside, at the seaside? 

Not the seaside, much as I love it. I swear the sand was put in sandwiches because some poor person ate their picnic at the beach and paid the price of gritty sarnies. 

Countryside for me, please. I miss the Oxfordshire countryside where I grew up so that would be perfect. 


Do we have a wicker hamper, tablecloth and cutlery, or is everything in a supermarket carrier bag ? 

Bung it all in a carrier bag. My husband says I would put a toothpick in a carrier bag if I could. 


Do you have favourite place to have a summer picnic? 

Somewhere quiet and in the shade because I burn at the mere sight of the sun. My complexion is more boiled lobster than English rose when I’m out in the sun too long. 


Which of your literary heroes are joining us on the picnic today? 

I’d like to picnic with the Bronte sisters; the alive versions that is. Bit awkward eating with corpses. I’m sure they’d keep me amused with being annoyed with publishers who were rude about their novels. 


Which summer read are you bringing with you today? 

Any book is a summer read if it’s read in the summer, so something fabulous I’m currently reading. 


What is your earliest summer memory? 

Living on a council estate and having a strong sense of community, particularly in the summer when we’d play together outside. I remember long summer days drifting into nights when I could play until dark, in the summer holidays. 


Do you have a favourite summer hideaway? 

I haven’t been on holiday for so long! I need one but that’s not going to happen for a while. I’m happy in a corner with a good book, whatever the season. 


Do you have a summer music playlist for reading / writing? And if so will you share with us a favourite song or piece of music that makes you feel summery? 

I don’t listen to music when I’m reading or writing as I find it distracting. I love music though and compile playlists all the time. I can’t pick one song as I love so many! 


Do you find that your reading tastes differ between winter and summer? 

Not really, although it can feel weird reading a snowy Christmas scene in the summer. 


Do you find it easier to write in the summer months or during the winter? 

Both have their challenges. In the summer I get raging hayfever which can make concentrating hard. I’m more of an autumn/winter person in that I like being cosy and warm inside. 


Would you like to tell us a little about your latest novel, or your current work in progress? 

I’m working on my third crime mystery novel. It’s slowly taking shape as it’s hard to focus at the moment with a pandemic going on. Little and often is my method for now. 


Lisa where can we follow you on social media? 


Twitter @LisaLisax31 


Instagram  lisasellwriter 



More about Lisa


Lisa Sell is a thriller, crime, and mystery writer who also scribbles short stories. 

To combat writer's bum and keep mentally fit, Lisa is a runner. The consequence is she’s now a running bore but is proud of her achievements. 

When she’s reading, Lisa practically hoovers up books. The to-be-read pile has become a tower, threatening to topple on her when she’s sleeping. 

Music rocks Lisa’s world too, particularly a good eighties tune. If lost, you’ll find Lisa in a DeLorean, headed for her favourite decade. 

Lisa’s cats, Feegle and Wullie, try to help her write but often fail. The furry pests demand attention and desk space. Lisa is currently applying for cat wrangling to be recognised as an Olympic sport.




Bloodhound Books
March 2020

Everyone makes mistakes. Not everyone deserves a second chance.

Sarah Jessop has a troubled past. Born to drug addict parents, she was fostered and then adopted as a child.

Now an adult, and a doctor, Sarah finds herself looking into the murder of her foster sister, Tamsin, a little girl who disappeared in 1992, and whose body has recently been discovered.

As Sarah gets closer to the truth, the killer will stop at nothing to protect themself and dispose of anyone who gets in their way.

Caught in the killer’s web of deceit, who can Sarah trust?



☼Thank you for coming to our picnic☼
Follow on Twitter

#SummerPicnicwithJaffareadstoo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.