Sunday 16 August 2020

Summer Picnic with Jaffareadstoo ~ Marie Laval ☼



☼ Jaffareadstoo is delighted to welcome you all to our Summer Picnic ☼ 


Pull up a deck chair, tie knots in your hanky and roll up your trouser legs!


☼ Summer time is here ☼ 









☼ I'm delighted to welcome author, Marie Laval to our picnic ☼






What favourite foods are you bringing to our summer picnic?

I would definitely bring some tabouleh, which is tastes of mint and lemon and is a most delicious salad for a hot summer’s day, and baguette sandwiches filled with salami, roast chicken, and smelly French cheese, of course… I would also have brownies, flapjacks and Victoria Sponge because unfortunately I have a sweet tooth, and a nice big tub of fruit salad, with melon, watermelon, strawberries and raspberries… 


Would you like chilled white wine, a flute of Prosecco, a tumbler of Pimms, or a tall glass of sparkling elderflower cordial?

I might have some Prosecco, although it would make me sleepy and I would end up having a nap, therefore it’s more likely I would drink sparkling elderflower cordial.


Where shall we sit, by the pool, in the garden, in the countryside, at the seaside? 

I can picture myself and my family and guests sitting on the lawn, in the garden of a small chateau in the French countryside, and in the shade of an old lime tree…

Alternatively, I would love to go back to Lyme Regis and have a picnic on the beach under a parasol. We used to go there every year when my children were younger. Some days I would prepare the picnic myself, but occasionally we would buy crab sandwiches and cakes from the shops and it was all absolutely delicious.


Do we have a wicker hamper, tablecloth and cutlery, or is everything in a supermarket carrier bag?

If we are outside the French chateau, then we would definitely have a wicker hamper and a red and white checked tablecloth, with cutlery.

For my Lyme Regis beach picnic, shop carrier bags would do very well! 


Do you have favourite place to have a summer picnic?

The last time I had a picnic was two years ago, on a pebbly beach on the shores of Lake Coniston, after a long walk. The sky was bright blue, the lake glittered in the sunlight, and it was the most wonderful, peaceful day. 


What is your earliest summer memory?

Rolling down the grassy slope in my parents’ garden with my two sisters! If I close my eyes I can still picture us rolling around and giggling, then running back up the slope and start all over again.


Do you have a favourite summer hideaway?

Lyme Regis and Coniston in the Lake District, but my garden here in Rossendale is quite lovely too!


Will you share with us a favourite song or piece of music that makes you feel summery? 

The song that takes me straight back to summer is the Romanian song Dan Bălan Ma Ya Hi (Dragostea Din Tei) which was a hit in 2003 and was all over the radio in France at the time. Listening to it always brings back wonderful memories of my children dancing in the garden with my lovely dad. It also makes me cry because it was the last summer we spent with him…


Do you find that your reading tastes differ between winter and summer?

Not so much. I still enjoy a nice Christmas romance in the summertime!


Do you find it easier to write in the summer months or during the winter?

I think it’s a little easier in winter, because then I am not so tempted to go out for a walk or sit in the garden.


Would you like to tell us a little about your latest novel, or your current work in progress?

My latest novel was a Christmas romantic novel – BLUEBELL’S CHRISTMAS MAGIC, which was released by Choc Lit UK in November 2019 and will be in paperback next October (fingers crossed!)

I am currently working on three stories – all three contemporary romantic suspense novels, switching from one to the other when I get a bit stuck. One is set in the Lake District and is a follow up to Bluebell’s Christmas Rescue; one is set in France and is a follow up to Little Pink Taxi and A Paris Fairy Tale; and one is set on the Isle of Skye in Scotland! 


Marie, where can we follow you on social media?


Twitter @MarieLaval1




 More about Marie

Originally from Lyon in France, Marie has lived in the Rossendale Valley in Lancashire for the past few years. She writes both contemporary and historical romance, always with 'a French twist'. Her latest releases are published by Choc Lit UK and include best selling contemporary romantic suspense LITTLE PINK TAXI, as well as A PARIS FAIRY TALE and BLUEBELL'S CHRISTMAS MAGIC. She is also one of the nine romantic authors from Authors on the Edge writing the best selling Miss Moonshine's Emporium short stories.


BLUEBELL’S CHRISTMAS MAGIC


Choc Lit


A gorgeous new Christmas story from the author of best selling novel Little Pink Taxi

A flick of a feather duster and a sprinkle of Christmas magic …

Cassie Bell is used to mess. Her cleaning business, Bluebell Cleaning, is well known in the Cumbrian village of Red Moss. However, now it’s almost Christmas and Cassie has a slightly messier situation to deal with than she’s used to.

She’s been hired to help Stefan Lambert, an injured army helicopter pilot who’s staying at the local Belthorn Manor whilst he recovers. Stefan resents Cassie’s interference and is definitely not looking for Christmas cheer. But Cassie prides herself on sparkling surfaces – so, can she bring some festive sparkle to Stefan’s life too?


☼ Thank you for coming to our picnic ☼ 


 Thank you very much for inviting me, Jo.


Follow on Twitter


#SummerPicnicwithJaffareadstoo



2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, your picnic lunch sounds delicious and a chateau setting is a romantic place to dine. What a fun interview. I loved the Little Pink Taxi. Looking forward to your follow-up story.
    JQ Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad you enjoyed spending time at Marie's picnic !!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.