Sunday 12 January 2020

#SundayBrunchwithJaffareadstoo ~ Tracey Sinclair


On this quiet Sunday morning why don't you put the kettle on, make your favourite breakfast, and settle down for Sunday Brunch with Jaffareadstoo



I'm delighted to welcome author and blogger, Tracey Sinclair






☼ Good Morning, Tracey!


What favourite food are you bringing to Sunday brunch? 

A selection of tasty pastries. Brioche, anyone?


Would you like a pot of English Breakfast tea, a strong Americano, or a glass of Bucks Fizz? 

Start with a strong black coffee, end with a glass of fizz!


Which of your literary heroes are joining us today? 

Assuming I can have anyone dead or alive, I’m going to go for Jane Austen, Mary Shelley and the Brontës. I reckon that would be a girls’ brunch to remember!


What’s the title of the book nearest to you? 

I have a copy of poetry book The Lisbon Poets, which is in English and Portuguese and a souvenir from a recent holiday, lying on the table waiting to be put away.


What’s the oldest book on your book shelf? 

In terms of when it was written, probably Les Liaisons Dangereuses, the Penguin classics translation – which actually might also be the oldest book in terms of when I bought it, as I still have my old copy from uni.


Which book do you really want to read but haven’t had time for …yet! 

The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt – it’s so long!


Do you have a guilty reading pleasure, and if so will you tell us about it? 

I don’t really feel guilt about reading anything! But when I want to decompress my favourite thing to read are crime series.


If the house was on fire which book would you rescue? 

None! I don’t get attached to books. I would try and rescue all the notebooks I am writing in though, as I do first drafts in longhand.


Do you have a reading/writing playlist on Spotify, or a favourite CD to listen to when reading? And if so will you share with us a favourite song or piece of music that makes you feel happy? 

At the minute I listen to whatever pops up on my Prime playlist, but for writing or relaxing I have a soft spot for Rufus Wainwright’s Want and Poses albums, and the soundtrack of The Piano.


Do you have a favourite place to settle down to read/write? 

Depends what I am working on. I’m lucky enough to have a dedicated office, which I love, but I also enjoy writing in cafes.


Give us four essential items that a writer absolutely needs? 

Notebooks, pens, laptop, imagination.


What can you tell us about your latest novel, or your current work in progress? 

I have a few projects on the go. I’m doing stuff to promote the reissue of my first two books, Doll and short story collection No Love is This, and writing the latest in the Dark Dates series. I’m also very busy with theatre-related writing. 








Tracey Sinclair is a freelance editor, writer and author. Her books include the paranormal series, Dark Dates, and the Newcastle-set romcom The Bridesmaid Blues. She writes regularly for a number of publications including The Stage and Exeunt.




Twitter @Thriftygal 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.