Sunday 12 January 2020

#SundayBrunchwithJaffareadstoo ~ Lainy Swanson



On this quiet Sunday morning why don't you put the kettle on, make your favourite breakfast, and settle down for Sunday Brunch with Jaffareadstoo


I'm delighted to welcome Lainy, blogger at So Many Books So Little Time


Miss Luna Paws

Welcome Lainy and Luna ! Happy Sunday !


What favourite food are you bringing to Sunday brunch? 

Got to be pizza or pasta in a white sauce.


Would you like a pot of English Breakfast tea, a strong Americano, or a glass of Bucks Fizz?

Pepsi max or a peppermint tea


Which of your literary heroes are joining us today?

 Stephen King and J K Rowling


What’s the title of the book nearest to you? 

Stranded by Emily Barr



13422826



What’s the oldest book on your book shelf? 

Possibly IT by Stephen King I have an 1985 hardback edition


830502


Which book do you really want to read but haven’t had time for …yet! 

Possibly my Linda Gillard books from back on our RISI forum days


Do you have a guilty reading pleasure, and if so will you tell us about it? 

I tend to read everything, I love horror/apocalyptic and zombie ones so much so they have their own tab on the blog. Folk can be quite snooty about them so probably that


If the house was on fire which book would you rescue? 

Probably my old Stephen King as that would be hardest to replace


Do you have a reading playlist on Spotify, or a favourite CD to listen to when reading? And if so will you share with us a favourite song, or piece of music that makes you feel happy? 

I generally don't have music on when reading but I do love 60s-80s music


Do you have a favourite place to settle down to read?

Bath with my bath buddy, the couch with kitty a blanket and my scented candle/wax burner.


Give us four essential items that a blogger absolutely needs?

Getting into it for the right reasons, if it is to get "free books" don't even hit the create button. For me it is a passion for books (I am one of the few who review books they loved and didn't, what doesn't work for me can be the selling point for another reader).

Focus, keep in mind why you start and don't get bogged down. Learn to say no, don't take on too much, if you constantly read to schedule it no longer is a fun hobby and becomes a chore.

Most importantly just enjoy it. I started my blog for me, never thinking for a minute anyone else would bother reading it. I use words/phrases like I talk, wow, Omg, no way, awesome, bantz, eek.

 Just do you and enjoy it!


Tell us a little about your blog and why you are so passionate about books and reading? 

My blog covers reviews of all the books I have read, liked, loved or meh. I read almost any genre and have help from little paws. Princess Trixie passed in July and my new blogging assistant, miss Luna paws is in training. I do a giveaway every month with some additionals, Q&As with authors so mostly all centred around books. I started reading when I was a pre teen, IT by Stephen King, I was about 8. I fell in love with books/horror and never looked back. I think reading is such a great escapism and fun way of learning and just letting go. You can never go wrong with a good book.



Twitter @smbslt

#SundayBrunchwithJaffareadstoo



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so so much for having me ๐Ÿฅฐ XXX

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a pleasure to see you and Miss Luna Paws xx

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.