Sunday 12 April 2020

Sunday Brunch with Jaffareadstoo ~ Kerry Watts



On this quiet Sunday morning why don't you put the kettle on, make your favourite breakfast and settle down for Sunday Brunch with Jaffareadstoo





I'd delighted to welcome writer,  Kerry Watts






☼Good Morning, Kerry. Happy Sunday !



 What favourite food are you bringing to Sunday brunch?

I’m bring fresh croissants warmed and served with lashings of butter and home-made strawberry jam. Yummy.


Would you like a pot of English Breakfast tea, a strong Americano, or a glass of Bucks Fizz?

I would definitely be going for the pot of English breakfast tea. Love my tea.


Which of your literary heroes are joining us today?

I’ll be inviting RL Stine along today. I think the way he got kids engaged in reading is fabulous and I love his Goosebumps books so much. 


What’s the title of the book nearest to you?

The nearest book to me right now is Dean Koontz – The darkest evening of the year which I’m currently reading and it’s getting very dark indeed.


2517278
Harper Collins
2007

What’s the oldest book on your book shelf?

I have set of 1911 of Encyclopaedia Britannica. They are oldest books for sure.


Which book do you really want to read but haven’t had time for …yet!

After watching and enjoying the tv series on Sky I am dying to read The Outsider and all the other Holly Gibney books by Stephen King.


Do you have a guilty reading pleasure, and if so will you tell us about it?

Weekend mornings, both Saturday and Sunday, in bed reading and drinking tea. Bliss!


If the house was on fire which book would you rescue?

Covenant by Dean Crawford because my son picked it out for me as a birthday present when he was three. It’s a very special book and a brilliant read.


Do you have a reading/writing playlist on Spotify, or a favourite CD to listen to when reading/writing? And if so will you share with us a favourite song or piece of music that makes you feel happy?

I have a fairly eclectic mix on my Spotify for writing. I listen to everything from Daughtry to Kelly Clarkson. Richard Marx to Panic at the Disco. I also love George Michael and Queen.


Do you have a favourite place to settle down to read/write?

When my daughter left home, my son moved into her room which was bigger, freeing up his room to become my wee office as we call it. I have a desk, a bookcase, a filing cabinet and a bin, which is a shiny red recycled plant pot! My favourite place to read though is in bed. 


Give us four essential items that a writer absolutely needs?

Notebooks, copious amounts of tea, a quiet space and a good sense of humour to get you through the bad reviews and rejections which are a part of the writing world.


What can you tell us about your latest novel, or your current work in progress?

Her Secret Past is the third in the Jessie Blake series and it was published on the 22nd January this year. 


Bookouture
January 2020

On a dark winter night, the bodies of Malcolm and Jean Angus lie cold and still in a pool of blood in their kitchen. Detective Jessie Blake is called in to find out what happened to the reclusive pair.

Searching the couple’s property, Jessie learns about a vicious dispute with a nearby land owner, Rachel Ferguson, and when Jessie looks into Rachel further, she doesn’t expect what comes up. Rachel isn’t the person everyone thinks she is and a previous murder conviction just made her Jessie’s prime suspect.

The small Perthshire town begins to gossip about the double murder and Jessie’s own past comes back to haunt her, when her abusive ex-husband begins to interfere in her new life. As the town starts a witch hunt against Rachel, Jessie is under pressure to find out what really happened in the farmhouse that night. Because if it isn’t Rachel, then who is the murderer living among them, waiting to kill again? 



Where can we follow you on social media?

Twitter @Denmanisfab

 Facebook page @KerryWattsAuthor

Instagram  kerrywatts­_









2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.