Friday 11 July 2014

Six in Six .....2014

in 


This is a great idea of highlighting the books I have read during the last six months.
 It was started by 
There are lots of categories to choose from, or you can make up your own.
Books and authors can overlap categories.

It's up to you !

Here are my Six in Six for the first half of 2014.





Six new authors to me:

  1. Jan Ruth 
  2. Anna Hope 
  3. Emma Carroll 
  4. Keir Alexander 
  5. Ashley Hay 
  6. Audrey Magee 


Six authors I have read before:
  1. Sue Monk Kidd 
  2. Liane Moriarty 
  3. Elly Griffiths 
  4. Linda Gillard 
  5. Louise Douglas 
  6. Gillian E Hamer 



Six books that took me by the hand and led me into the past:

  1. Dark Aemylia by Sally O'Reilly 
  2. The Spice Merchant's Wife by Charlotte Betts 
  3. Sisters of Treason by Elizabeth Fremantle 
  4. The May Bride by Susanna Dunn 
  5. The Vanishing Witch by Karen Maitland 
  6. War of the Roses: Winter Pilgrims by Toby Clements 


Six books from authors I know will never let me down:

  1. Written in my Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon 
  2. Cauldstane by Linda Gillard 
  3. The Outcast Dead by Elly Griffiths 
  4. In Her Shadow by Louise Douglas 
  5. The Memory Book by Rowan Coleman 
  6. Crimson Shore by Gillian E Hamer 


Six From the Non-Fiction Shelf:

  1. Harry's War by Harry Drinkwater 
  2. The Tudor Queens by David Loades 
  3. Margaret Beaufort: Mother of the Tudor Dynasty by Elizabeth Norton 
  4. Anne Boleyn by Elizabeth Norton 
  5. Scars upon my Heart edited by Catherine Reilly 
  6. Lionheart by Douglas Boyd 


Six books I have enjoyed the most:

  1. Frost Hollow Hall by Emma Carroll 
  2. The Undertaking by Audrey Magee 
  3. In her Shadow by Louise Douglas 
  4. The Memory Book by Rowan Coleman 
  5. Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon 
  6. Crimson Shore by Gillain E Hamer 



What are your favourites so far this year ?
*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.