Sunday 5 May 2013

Review ~ Stop Dead by Leigh Russell

No Exit Press
30 May 2013


When a successful business man is found brutally murdered, the search for his killer will take DI Geraldine Steel and her team into a murky world of secrets and lies. Contained within the story are the usual smattering of stereotypical suspects, with one or two red herrings, and a few well written twists and turns, which add interest, to what seems to be a fairly average crime thriller. There are no huge surprises, the story is easy to read, and even picking up the book after an absence of a few days, I could still follow the plot, without the need to back track in case I had forgotten anything.

This is the first of Leigh Russell’s crime series featuring DI Geraldine Steel that I have read, and even though I didn’t know any of the back stories, I was soon able to learn enough about the characters to form some sort of impression. There are vague clues into why DI Steel had moved from Kent to work in the Metropolitan police force in London, which explains why she reacts as she does in certain situations.

Overall, I thought it was a good read. The story kept my attention and even though I had sort of guessed whodunnit  the final strands of the plot are pulled together nicely, and the ending, of course lends itself to a continuation of the series.


My thanks to Real Readers for the opportunity to read and review this book.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.