Sunday 30 October 2022

🍴Sunday Brunch with Jaffareadstoo ~ Caroline England AKA C E Rose



On this quiet Sunday morning why don't you put the kettle on, make your favourite breakfast and settle down for Sunday Brunch with Jaffareadstoo








I'm delighted to welcome Caroline England to Sunday Brunch
AKA C E Rose








Welcome, Caroline. What favourite food are you bringing to Sunday brunch?

Now this question is certainly food for thought! I love nuts of all shapes and sizes so give me anything nutty and I’m in heaven. How about a granola with mixed nuts and seeds, honey, Greek yoghurt and berries? Yum!
 

Would you like a pot of English breakfast tea, a strong Americano, or a glass of Bucks Fizz?

A pot of English tea but it has to be Yorkshire. As Sean Bean says ‘Do it for Yorkshire!’
 

Where shall we eat brunch – around the kitchen table, in the formal dining room, or outside on the patio?

Outside on the patio would be nice, please. But you’ll need to bring alone some sunshine!
 

Shall we have music playing in the background, and if so do you have a favourite piece of music?

I love a bit of Oasis or the Stereophonics, but you might not want to listen to me joining in, so how about we go for a something soft and uplifting like Louis Armstrong’s What A Wonderful World.
 

Which of your literary heroes (dead or alive) are joining us for Sunday Brunch today?

Seeing as my CE Rose books have a hint of the gothic, I’ll bring along Daphne du Maurier
 

Which favourite book will you bring to Sunday Brunch?

Rebecca, so I can chat to Daphne about it!


Virago
2003


 When you are writing do you still find time to read for pleasure? And is there a book you would like to read but haven’t had time for …yet!

I don’t have as much time to read as I’d like, but I get stuck in to as many as possible on holiday. The other day I realised that I still haven’t read the latest Jackson Brodie escapade Big Sky!
 

Where do you find the inspiration for your novels?

Much of mine comes from my fervid imagination, but like most authors I get nuggets of ideas from the news, TV, films, eavesdropping on conversations, talking to strangers etc
 

Have you a favourite place to settle down to write and do you find it easier to write in winter or summer?

I always write at my desk in my study. I don’t have a seasonal preference for writing but if it’s a sunny day I’ll be tempted outside. I have tried writing on my laptop in the garden but it isn’t ideal!
 

When writing to a deadline are you easily distracted and if so how do you bring back focus on your writing?

I’m onto any edits like a shot, otherwise I’ll fret! I procrastinate some things in life but when it comes to writing, I’m a goody two-shoes swat!
 

Give us four essential items that a writer needs?

Praise and validation! I suppose a computer and the internet come in handy too 😊
 

What can you tell us about your latest novel or your current work in progress?

My last CAROLINE ENGLAND psychological suspense, vicarage-set THE SINNER came out in the summer and is steadily getting some amazing reviews.



Piatkus
2022

The blurb is:

EVERY SAINT HAS A PAST

To the unsuspecting eye Dee Stephens has a perfect life as the vicar's wife: a devoted marriage to her charismatic husband Reverend Vincent, an adoring congregation and a beautiful daughter.

EVERY SINNER HAS A FUTURE

But beneath the surface, Dee is suffocating. Vincent is in control, and he knows her every sin. Desperate, Dee escapes into a heady affair with Cal, an old schoolmate.

EVERY CONFESSION HAS A PRICE

But is Cal the saviour she thinks he is? What dark secrets does he harbour? And to what lengths will Vincent go to when he uncovers the truth?


Then my next CE ROSE psychological thriller THE SHADOWS OF RUTHERFORD HOUSE will be out on the 10th November. 


Hera
10 November 2022

The blurb is:

Darkness lies at the heart of this family…

In 1959 Milly starts her new life as a housemaid at Rutherford House, working for the aristocratic Rutherford-Percy clan. Entranced by her new mistress, Vivienne, she becomes deeply embroiled in the household and the keeper of dark secrets the family conceals beneath the mansion’s grand exterior.

In the present day, Christie is working as a psychiatric nurse when she meets troubled patient Lillian Percy, Vivienne’s granddaughter and heiress to Rutherford House. They soon bond over the loss of their mothers – Lillian’s died when she was a child; Christie’s mysteriously disappeared over twenty years ago – and Christie finds herself increasingly fascinated by Lillian’s family and their imposing ancestral home.

As Christie learns more about the Rutherford-Percys, she finds a shocking clue that could help her uncover what happened to her own mother. Desperate for answers, Christie puts her job, her family and even her very life on the line. But how much of the truth does she really want to know?
 


Caroline, where can we follow you on social media?



Twitter @CazEngland







Thank you for taking part in Sunday Brunch with Jaffareadstoo.


Thank you so much for having me!


Follow us on Twitter @jaffreadstoo #SundayBrunchwithJaffareadstoo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.