Sunday 5 January 2020

#SundayBrunchwithJaffareadstoo ~ Kim Nash


On this quiet Sunday morning why don't you put the kettle on, make your favourite breakfast, and settle down for Sunday Brunch with Jaffareadstoo


I'm delighted to welcome Kim Nash, author and blogger at Kim the Bookworm






Good morning, Kim! Happy Sunday!


What favourite food are you bringing to Sunday brunch?

I do love a bacon and egg sandwich but the egg has to be runny! Or there's just no point! Although I also have to say that I do love a Wetherspoon's brunch!


Would you like a pot of English Breakfast tea, a strong Americano, or a glass of Bucks Fizz?

I am a bit obsessed with Nescafe Azera Americano. It's expensive but I stock up when it's on offer and get a bit twitchy if I get below 6 tins in my cupboard. Was gutted that I bought a decaf one last week by mistake! I only drink Bucks Fizz on Christmas morning.


Which of your literary heroes are joining us today?

Mark Darcy from Bridget Jones' Diary. I routed for him all the way, although the naughtiness of Daniel Cleaver did get me a little hot under the collar!


What’s the title of the book nearest to you?

The Songs of Us by Emma Cooper. I met Emma a few months ago, and I love her to bits. The First Time I Saw You was SUCH a great read so I grabbed a signed copy, which I got from the Waterstones pop up shop which was at the Chase Bookfest which was a festival linking authors and readers, which I helped to organise in September this year. Watch this space for details of next years festival!


What’s the oldest book on your book shelf?

I have a book which my Dad's Dad, was given when he was at school. The date inside the book is 1913. I should really make the time to read it one of the days. 


Which book do you really want to read but haven’t had time for …yet!

Letters to the Lost by Iona Grey. I got this from the Chase Bookfest too and have a beautiful signed copy. I adored The Glittering Hour by this author and have been dying to read this for ages! 


Do you have a guilty reading pleasure, and if so will you tell us about it?

Probably not too guilty but I do love a self-help, self-development book. I used to read lots and one of the habits I want to get back into in the New Year. I love You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero and The Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes. Two of my most favourite reads EVER! 


If the house was on fire which book would you rescue?

That is SUCH a hard question! Probably A Spring Affair, because it's the book that changed my life, introduced me to book blogging, which led me to working in publishing, which led me to being an author. Such a clever book!


Do you have a reading/writing playlist on Spotify, or a favourite CD to listen to when reading? And if so will you share with us a favourite song or piece of music that makes you feel happy?

I like to have quiet when I'm reading! Can't listen to music because I'd be concentrating on singing along instead. 


Do you have a favourite place to settle down to read?

When I get up in a morning, I always have a coffee and a read on the sofa. Roni my English Setter comes and sits as close as he can possibly get to me and I always seem to hold my iPad at a very strange angle, but it's a very special time of the day. 


Give us four essential items that a writer absolutely needs?

Coffee, gorgeous notepads, different coloured pens and a dog to chat your ideas through with! 


What can you tell us about your latest novel, or your current work in progress?

I'm currently working on my first draft of a book that I don't even have a title of, but it's about four friends who meet up again to celebrate their 50th birthdays on a holiday in The Algarve. I'm hoping to finish first draft by the end of the year and I'm hoping you'll see it out in mid Spring. 



Website/Blog

Facebook

Twitter @KimtheBookworm

@jaffareadstoo #SundayBrunchwithJaffareadstoo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.