Sunday 19 January 2020

Sunday Brunch with Jaffareadstoo ~ Anne Cater


On this quiet Sunday morning why don't you put the kettle on, make your favourite breakfast, and settle down for Sunday Brunch with Jaffareadstoo



I'm delighted to welcome Anne Cater, blogger over at Random Things Through My letterbox





☼ Good Morning, Anne. Happy Sunday!


What favourite food are you bringing to Sunday brunch?

A stack of beautiful fluffy pancakes, with maple syrup and crispy bacon


Would you like a pot of English Breakfast tea, a strong Americano, or a glass of Bucks Fizz?

Oh, tea for me please


Which of your literary heroes are joining us today?

It's an all-female cast for me; Margaret Atwood, Barbara Taylor-Bradford and Marian Keyes


What’s the title of the book nearest to you?

The Prisoner's Wife by Maggie Brookes - it's just arrived. It's a 2020 publication, published by Century in April 2020 

48890235
Century 2020

What’s the oldest book on your book shelf?

A copy of The Flower Fairies of the Trees by Cicely Mary Barker - given to me for Christmas in 1974


Which book do you really want to read but haven’t had time for …yet!

The Labyrinth of Spirits by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - the latest in one of my all time favourite series. It's a huge tome at 832 pages and I've just not plucked up the courage (or found the time) to read it yet!

46377291. sy475
W&N
2019

Do you have a guilty reading pleasure, and if so will you tell us about it?

I never feel guilty about reading .... however, I do love Heat and Closer magazines! 


If the house was on fire which book would you rescue?

Oh my goodness! What to choose?? I think I'd just grab as many as I could carry


Do you have a reading playlist on Spotify, or a favourite CD to listen to when reading? And if so will you share with us a favourite song, or piece of music that makes you feel happy?

I don't tend to listen to music when I'm reading but I do love music. I have lots of favourites, but anything by Yorkshire 90s rock band Little Angels will always make me happy - brings back so many memories of following them around on tour. 

Do you have a favourite place to settle down to read?

I read anywhere but on the settee with a fleece and lots of cushions, and usually Costa the cat is a favourite. Or, on a sunbed in the Greek sunshine!

Give us four essential items that a blogger absolutely needs?

A diary! 

A decent laptop / PC

Good internet access

Time! 

Tell us a little about your blog and why you are so passionate about books and reading?

Random Things Through My Letterbox is almost nine years old and totally changed my life. I've always reviewed books online but having my own personal space is wonderful. I'm free to post what I want to, when I want to. I don't remember ever not being able to read, or having a book on the go. Books are as important to me as eating. 


Facebook

Twitter @annecater

Twitter @jaffareadstoo #SundayBrunchwithJaffareadstoo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.