Sunday 5 January 2020

#SundayBrunchwithJaffareadstoo ~ Kate Eveleigh



On this quiet Sunday morning why don't you put the kettle on, make your favourite breakfast and settle down for Sunday Brunch with Jaffareadstoo


 I'm delighted to welcome Kate who blogs over at Portable Magic





Good morning, Kate !!


What favourite food are you bringing to Sunday brunch?

I'm not very good at cooking so maybe I could take you out for a Full English breakfast with all the trimmings?


Would you like a pot of English Breakfast tea, a strong Americano, or a glass of Bucks Fizz?

I'm one of those odd people that doesn't drink tea or coffee, so Bucks Fizz it will be.


Which of your literary heroes are joining us today?

I would love to spend time with Alan Bennett. I live in Leeds, very close to where he grew up, and I share his sense of humour and general despair with the state of the world at the moment! I LOVE his work and would love to chat to him about it.


What’s the title of the book nearest to you?

I'm cheating, but my Kindle is nearest! Currently reading The Blossom Twins by Carol Wyer.


48221834. sy475
BookOuture
2019


What’s the oldest book on your book shelf?

My mum's copy of To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. It's quite battered now!


Which book do you really want to read but haven’t had time for …yet!

There's loads but everyone is talking about The Chain by Adrian McKinty.


42779092
Mulholland Books
2019

Do you have a guilty reading pleasure, and if so will you tell us about it?

I shouldn't say its a guilty pleasure because the books are usually enjoyable to read but I occasionally break with crime and read chick lit. My favourite is Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding.


If the house was on fire which book would you rescue?

My Kindle 😉


Do you have a reading playlist on Spotify, or a favourite CD to listen to when reading? And if so will you share with us a favourite song, or piece of music that makes you feel happy?

I don't have a specific playlist but I do listen to music while I read. I mostly listen to 90s indie/rock so James, Stereophonics, Manic Street Preachers etc.


Do you have a favourite place to settle down to read?

Anywhere and everywhere!


Give us four essential items that a blogger absolutely needs?

Books, chocolate, wine and Twitter.


Tell us a little about your blog and why you are so passionate about books and reading?T

I blog on Portable Magic which has been up and running since October 2016. I've always been a bookworm but I lapsed in the years following university (I studied English Literature) so I started my blog as a way to encourage myself to read more and keep track of my reading. But blogging has been so much more than that for me - I've been to some amazing events, met some brilliant authors and made some friends for life!



Twitter @bantambookworm

@jaffareadstoo #SundayBrunchwithJaffareadstoo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.