Wednesday 19 December 2012

Wishlist Wednesday...


I am delighted to be part of wishlist Wednesday which is hosted by Dani at pen to paper

The idea is to post about one book each week that has been on your wishlist for some time, or maybe just added.

So what do you need to do to join in?

Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.

Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.

Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.

Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of her post.

Put a link back to pen to paper (http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com) somewhere in your post.





Instructions for a Heatwave
Due to be published by Headline in March 2013.





Book Blurb is from Goodreads...

The stunning new novel from Costa-Novel-Award-winning novelist Maggie O'Farrell is a portrait of an Irish family in crisis in the legendary heatwave of 1976.

It's July 1976. In London, it hasn't rained for months, gardens are filled with aphids, water comes from a standpipe, and Robert Riordan tells his wife Gretta that he's going round the corner to buy a newspaper. He doesn't come back.

The search for Robert brings Gretta's children - two estranged sisters and a brother on the brink of divorce - back home, each with different ideas as to where their father might have gone. None of them suspects that their mother might have an explanation that even now she cannot share.


I'm always excited when there is a new Maggie O'Farrell book on the horizon and this will be heading my wishlist for 2013.


12 comments:

  1. Interesting synopsis, I might have to check this one out :D

    Hope you get it soon.
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ula - Thanks for visiting us - appreciate you stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Interesting! I'm not familiar with this author, but I like the sound of this. Enjoy!

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa - Thanks for your comments - Nice to see you :)

      Delete
  3. It sounds interesting. I hope you get a chance to read it soon :)
    Here's my WW
    http://iloveteenbooks.blogspot.com/2012/12/wishlist-wednesday-6.html
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi trache - thanks for taking the time to comment.It's nice of you to visit:)

      Delete
  4. As everyone else seems to have said, this sounds interesting! I might have to pick it up if I see it.

    Here's my Wishlist Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Laura - Nice to see you here - thanks for visiting us. I appreciate your comments :)

      Delete
  5. Haven't heard of this one but it sounds very interesting! :)

    New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marissa - thanks so much for visiting and becoming our latest follower....much appreciated...:)

      Delete
  6. Not my cup of tea but I hope you get it soon :)
    My Wishlist Wednesday
    Lauren @ Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Captain Biscuits - thanks for taking the time to look at my WW :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.