Wednesday 18 April 2012

Wishlist Wednesday..


I am delighted to be part of wishlist Wednesday which is hosted by Dani at pen to paper

 




The idea is to post about one book each week that has been on your wishlist for some time, or maybe just added.

So what do you need to do to join in?

Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.

Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.

Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.

Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of her post.

Put a link back to pen to paper (http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com) somewhere in your post.

My wishlist Wednesday book this week is a book I picked up in Waterstones some time ago and dithered about buying it - you know how it is - you just can't justify £12.99 for yet another historical fiction book, but the more I think abut this one , the more I regret not buying it.
I love the cover ..


The Wordsmith's Tale

by

Stephen Edden

The Wordsmith's Tale
Beautiful Books (10 Jun 2011)

From Amazon.co.uk

In 1087, Thomas the Piper sits down to recount the heartwarming, spell-binding hundred-year history of how his family of story-weaver and serfs has got by, against the odds. His young scribe - lovestruck and distracted - writes it all down. Several generations of this West Country family, from the reign of King Edgar to the Battle of Hastings, are linked by one recurring theme: the gift of storytelling, first found in Tom, the bard of King Edgar's court, whose love for Fleda saves her life and creates a legend in their son Bas, who gains a ferocious reputation as a warrior fighting the armies of King Cnut. Bas's son Harry, a storyteller like his aunt, passes the gift on to his own son Thomas, who is forced to make use of the first of three wishes endowed upon the wishing penny given to his grandfather by King Edgar. But will it save his family?



4 comments:

  1. Not a big fan on historical fiction (don't hate it either) but it sounds interesting. I hate book regrets

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lainy - I'm sure I'll get to read this one soon !

      Delete
  2. I love a good historical fiction and this one sounds fantastic! I hadn't heard of it before so thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

    My WW:
    http://www.teadaydreamsandfairytales.com/2012/04/wishlist-wednesday-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tea, Daydreams and Fairytales , thanks for stopping by and reading my wishlist Wednesday book.

      I agree that it sounds like an intriguing read :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.