It’s that time of year again when I choose books which would make the perfect holiday reading. The stories which are easy enough to pick up and put down and which lend themselves, both by plot and characters, to lazy afternoons in the sunshine.
I’ll be sharing a few of the books which I think are perfect escapism summer reading.
Look for #SummerReads
Leaving behind everything she thought she knew, Grace arrives at Hazelwick Farm with her teenage daughter, Maddie, and her mother, Frances, ready to build a new life together.
Grace has dreamt of fresh air, open skies and days filled with taking care of the animals while building a family business together. But starting over isn’t as simple as she hoped.
Maddie has barely spoken to her since the divorce from her father and Grace doesn’t know how to fix what she doesn’t fully understand. Between strained silences at home, and the demands of getting the farm ready to open for business, Grace begins to wonder if she’s made a mistake.
Yet life at Hazelwick Farm has its surprises. Grace keeps crossing paths with handsome tenant, Caleb, whether she means to or not. Could this unexpected connection be the start of something she never saw coming?
☀️My Review..
What a pleasure it’s been to spend time at Hazelwick Farm, getting to know Grace, her daughter Maddie and her mother Frances, three generations of women who take a chance on finding a new way of life in the beautiful Northumberland countryside. Life hasn’t been easy for either Grace or Maddie and there are challenges along the way for both of them but gradually the peace of the countryside and their shared venture of creating an Animal Encounter experience at the once neglected Hazelwick Farm begins to heal their pain.
I found much to enjoy in this gentle story which doesn’t shy away from important issues but does so with a lovely light touch and this author’s unique trademark of making the ordinary into the extraordinary. I know that lots of research goes into bringing a book to fruition and this really pays off as I feel like I have spent the last two days on the farm. I’ve enjoyed learning alongside Grace, Francis and Maddie, delighting in their shared happiness whilst at the same time becoming invested in their problems especially the initial difficult relationship between Maddie and Grace which is explored in a sympathetic and realistic way.
Beautifully written, with an abundance of gorgeous animals and some really special characters this lovely opening book brings this new series to life. Reading Blue Skies Ahead is like being wrapped in a warm hug and I’m especially delighted that this is just the start of the adventure.
About the Author
Jessica Redland is the million-copy bestselling author of novels, including the Hedgehog Hollow and Escape to the Lakes series. Inspired by her hometown of Scarborough and the Lake District, she writes uplifting women’s fiction of love, friendship and community. Blue Skies Ahead is her thirtieth novel.
Social Media Links
Facebook: @jessicaredlandauthor
Twitter: @JessicaRedland
Instagram: @jessicaredlandauthor
Newsletter Sign Up: https://bit.ly/JessicaRedlandNews



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.