Wednesday 20 March 2013

Wishlist Wednesday...


I am delighted to be part of wishlist Wednesday which is hosted by Dani at pen to paper

The idea is to post about one book each week that has been on your wishlist for some time, or maybe just added.

So what do you need to do to join in?

Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.

Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.

Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.

Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of her post.

Put a link back to pen to paper (http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com) somewhere in your post.




My Wishlist Wednesday book 


A Half Forgotten Song


Blurb from Goodreads

England, 1935. In the village of Blacknowle on the Dorset coast, thirteen-year-old Mitzy Hatcher has endured a wild and lonely upbringing. Shunned by her neighbours, the arrival of renowned artist Charles Aubrey, along with his exotic mistress and their two daughters, is like a breath of fresh air for Mitzy. Over the course of three summers, Mitzy develops a deep and abiding bond with the Aubrey household, gradually becoming Charles's muse. Slowly, Mitzy begins to perceive a future she had never thought possible - and a powerful love is kindled in her. A love that will grow as she does: from innocence to obsession; from childish infatuation to something far more dangerous. Moving from the wilds of the Dorset coast to the intoxicating heat of a Moroccan summer, A HALF-FORGOTTEN SONG explores the quixotic nature of memory - and the perils of obsessive love.

 A sweeping and powerful tale that will leave you captivated.



I'm not in a real hurry to read this one, but I have read and enjoyed Katherine Webb's previous books, so I am sure that I will pick this up one day.


The Legacy



The Unseen

9 comments:

  1. Never heard of these books before but they look interesting. Hope you get your copy soon :)

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I've never read anything by Katherine Webb before -- which would you recommend starting with?

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa - All her books are stand alone, but I think I would start with The Legacy.

      Delete
  3. I've not heard of this book before and to be honest it's not my sort of thing, but I hope you enjoy it when you get around to reading it :) Thanks for sharing!
    my WW
    Shona

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything by Katherine Webb before. This sounds interesting though! Hope you get it soon.
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/wishlist-wednesday-39.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty covers, but not my sort of read! Hope you get it though :)

    My WW

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.