Wednesday 6 March 2013

Wishlist Wednesday...

I am delighted to be part of wishlist Wednesday which is hosted by Dani at pen to paper

The idea is to post about one book each week that has been on your wishlist for some time, or maybe just added.

So what do you need to do to join in?

Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.

Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.

Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.

Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of her post.

Put a link back to pen to paper (http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com) somewhere in your post.




My Wishlist Wednesday book 




His Dark Lady
Bantam Press (28 Feb 2013)


London, 1583. When young, aspiring playwright William Shakespeare encounters Lucy Morgan, one of Queen Elizabeth I's ladies-in-waiting, the two fall passionately in love. He declares Lucy the inspiration for his work, but what secret is Will hiding from his muse? Meanwhile, Lucy has her own secret - and one that could destroy her world if exposed.


I read Victoria Lamb's first book ~ The Queen's Secret and enjoyed the blend of historical fiction and cleverly crafted espionage . I'm looking forward to reading more about Lucy Morgan, in this second book in the series.

**You can read an extract from His Dark lady over with my friend Lindsey at The Little Reader Library 

13 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting, a bit mysterious and all. Great pick. ;)

    Hope you get it soon!
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking to TLRL Josie and Jaffa! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Lindsay - it's great giveaway opportunity x

      Delete
  3. Sounds interesting, hope you get it!

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny - It's nice to see you again. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Interesting! Any novel with William Shakespeare as a character works for me!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa - What's your favourite Shakespeare play ?

      Mine is Anthony and Cleopatra !

      Delete
  5. Great choice for a WW! I hope you enjoy it :)

    my WW

    Shushkat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shona - thanks for visiting and looking at my WW book choice :)

      Delete
  6. This one sounds really interesting. I hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/wishlist-wednesday-37.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brittany - Lovely to see you and thanks for looking at my WW choice :)

      Delete
  7. Gotta love the classics! Very interesting book and I hope you get it soon. (:

    Here is my WW: http://littlebookstar.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/wishlist-wednesday-9-babe-in-boyland-by-jody-gehrman/

    Leigh @ Little Book Star

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leigh - thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment on my WW book :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.