Monday 30 March 2015

Bloggers on the Blog... Random Things Through My Letterbox



Bloggers on the blog



My weekly feature showcases some of the best of the book blogging community. 

These are the unsung heroes who are constantly on the look out for new and exciting books 

and who give so generously of their time ,energy and expertise.




I am delighted to welcome




Anne 








from



 the excellent blog












 Anne ~ welcome to Jaffareadstoo...


What makes you want to blog about books?  


When I read a fabulous book I want to shout about it and blogging is a great way to shout. It's wonderful to be able to pass on my love of books.


What type of book makes you happy? 

A book that makes me want to carry on reading late in to the night.


Which book have you recommended the most?  

Broken by Daniel Clay


Which is the best book you received as a gift? 

A box set of the Woman of Substance trilogy by Barbara Taylor-Bradford - given to me by my Nana in the 1980s, I still have it


Which book has sent a shiver down your spine? 

Who Are You? by Lizzie Forbes


How many books do you have, as yet unread, on your book shelves?  

Just over 1200 - all real books, I don't have an e-reader


Tell me about a book you’ve read more than three times?  

The Diddakoi by Rumer Godden - I read it many times as a child and have read it again quite recently.


What’s your idea of book heaven or book hell? 

Book heaven is an original, well-written story that keep me entralled.  

Book hell  is hard-to-understand dialect, reams of prose and no action and characters that I hate, but that the authors intends to be likeable.


Where is your favourite reading place? 

On a sunbed, in Greece.


What has been your favourite book of the year...so far ?  


The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes by Anna McPartlin 





Follow Anne on Twitter@annecater






My thanks to Anne for giving so generously of her time


Jaffa and I love your blog


Long may it continue.



~***~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.