Monday 2 March 2015

Bloggers on the blog ...The Book Magpie

Bloggers on the blog


My latest Monday feature showcases some of the best of the book blogging community. 

These are the unsung heroes who are constantly on the look out for new and exciting books 

and who give so generously of their time ,energy and expertise.


***


I am delighted to introduce


Gillian 



From the excellent Blog 





Gillian welcome to Jaffareadstoo

and thanks for taking part in our

10 questions in 10 minutes....



What makes you want to blog about books?

Well I really love blogging and writing about things that interest me and as books are my main passion, combining the two is a no brainer as they say. I like being able to share my reading interests and recommending new titles to people.


What type of book makes you happy?

A year ago I would have said psychological and crime thrillers because they were all I ever read but now my world has been opened up by all the lovely friends i've made on Twitter so i'd have to say YA books now, YA contemporary mainly. Also early 20th century historical biographies or novels.


Which book have you recommended the most?

It would probably be The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. I was lucky enough to get an early proof copy last year and absolutely loved it.


Which is the best book you received as a gift?

I don't get given books as gifts sadly because people know I buy so many that I may end up with two copies but I did get them when I was smaller and the best ones then were the Famous Five books by Enid Blyton. I still read the occasional one now.


Which book has sent a shiver down your spine?

I don't read really scary stories, too much of a wimp for that but S.J. Watson's Before I Go To Sleep is really creepy.


How many books do you have, as yet unread, on your book shelves?

Way too many is all I'm saying.


Tell me about a book you’ve read more than three times?

The only book I've ever read more than once is A Christmas Carol. I used to re-read it most Christmases. It’s just the most magical book about hope, redemption and things never being too late to change.


What’s your idea of book heaven or book hell?

Book heaven is an exciting thriller, YA or Adult. 

Book hell is Alice in Wonderland! It freaks me out big time!


Where is your favourite reading place?

A comfy chair in the living room for me. There is too much distraction outdoors in the summer and I can't read in bed because it makes me too sleepy and I nod off after half a page.



What has been your favourite book of the year...so far ?

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin. Its not published yet but I was lucky enough to receive a proof copy. It’s out in May and everyone HAS to read it, it’ amazing!



Twitter@autumnmiss2011




My thanks to Gillian for giving so generously of her time

Jaffa and I love your blog

Long may it continue.


~***~




2 comments:

  1. Fabulous wee feature, will nip over for a wee visit. Love reading peoples responses for things like this.

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lainy - you're very welcome . jaffa and I are always glad to see you :)

      I love this feature - it's great fun blogging about bloggers !!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.