Wednesday 18 July 2012

Wishlist Wednesday...


I am delighted to be part of wishlist Wednesday which is hosted by Dani at pen to paper

The idea is to post about one book each week that has been on your wishlist for some time, or maybe just added.

So what do you need to do to join in?

Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.

Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.

Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.

Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of her post.

Put a link back to pen to paper (http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com) somewhere in your post.



My Wishlist Wednesday book this week


The Falcons of Fire and Ice ~ Karen Maitland






The Falcons of Fire and Ice
Published 12 August






Synopsis from Goodreads


The year is 1539 and the Portuguese Inquisition ushers in an era of torture and murder. When the Royal Falconer is imprisoned on false charges to remove him from the inner circle of the boy King, the Inquisitors strike an impossible deal with his daughter, Isabela. Bring back two rare white falcons from Iceland within the year or her father dies.
Meanwhile in Iceland, a menacing stranger appears to have possessed the soul of a woman chained up in a volcanic cave and is threatening to destroy the community. The woman's twin sister, Eydis, is desperate to intervene but vivid dreams suggest the twins' only salvation lies with a young girl from afar, travelling in search of white feathers ...

Isabela's quest might hold a more crucial purpose then she could ever imagine and there are those among her travel companions who have an interest in doing her harm. But in order to fulfil her destiny, first she must reach Iceland's shores. Alive.



Karen Maitland has been one of my favourite authors since 2008, when her book Company of Liars took me to a fantasy world of history and mystery. She writes with chilling originality and transports you  to long forgotten worlds, when superstition was rife and danger lurked on every corner.

I've heard mixed reviews from those who have read early reading copies....oh to be so lucky .... about Falcons of Fire and Ice, but that won't stop me from reading the book and making up my own mind.

Publication date is written in my book diary...yes I really do have a book diary !!


Let reading brighten your summer....



 








5 comments:

  1. This is an author I've heard so many good things about, but I haven't read her work yet, something I intend to rectify one day! Thanks for telling us about this one. I love the cover design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsay - hope you get the chance to read some of her work soon! My favourite is Company of Liars , although they are all excellent - you could start with any of her books and be completely enthralled.

      Delete
    2. Hi Lindsay - hope you get the chance to read one of her books sooner rather than later ! My favourite is Company of Liars...although really I have loved them all !

      Delete
  2. I am really intrigued by Karen Maitland as so many of the Read It Swap It ladies seem to love her! I've recently bought The Owl Killers so hope to give that a go soon. This one sounds really good.

    Marie
    www.girlvsbookshelf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie - Hope you enjoy The Owl Killers - it's very sinister in places - I loved it !

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.