Monday 3 October 2011

Review- Before I go to Sleep by S J Watson

This book certainly got October off to a fine start.






My rating: 5 of 5 stars
jaffa's rating 5paws - he loved this one too !


This tense psychological thriller grips you from the opening page and takes you on a roller-coaster of a ride until its thrilling conclusion.


Christine has severe amnesia, so that when she wakes everyday she needs to be reminded of her life. Her cherished memories have been wiped out, and nothing of what she holds dear remains in her mind for more than a few minutes. When she is encouraged to record her limited memories in a journal, she begins to doubt everything she has been told by her husband and strives to discover the truth.


What scared me about this book is how easily it could happen - and just how precious are our memories.


I loved it - this will be in my top ten reads of 2011. I am delighted to discover that the book has been acquired for film by Ridley Scott's production team, Scott Free. It will be a stunning film.

Read it if you can.






6 comments:

  1. What a fantastic read! I thought this book was brilliant and so clever. I read it last month and it was one of my top books of the month. Great review :D

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny - I agree, it was a clever book - glad you enjoyed it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just downloaded this for a long train journey. Can it possibly live up to all the reviews?... I hope so. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda- I would think this book is perfect for a long train journey - get yourself a coffee and you'll be at your destination before you know it - safe journey. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got this on my tbr and wondering about taking it on holiday at the end of this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.