Saturday 7 May 2011

One small step for a new blogger....


Since I eat , drink, and sleep thinking about books - I think I may as well try to write about books in a sort of half grown up way...

I'm currently reading Maggie O'Farrell's -The hand that first held mine - which I read half way through some time last year, and then completely ran out of time, and had to return it unfinished to the library....something I hate doing - I always feel a bit guilty when I can't finish a good book - although, I never feel guilty about leaving a bad book unfinished. I've now got my hands on a paperback copy of my own - so the Darjeeling is brewing, and Jaffa is poised and ready to find out what happens next...... !!

I love the dual time element to the story - and am completely enamoured of the new baby, and perfectly remember that absolutely exhausted feeling of caring for a newborn - I gave a sigh of relief when he finally got a name....


This time I'm determined to finish the book, after all it won the Costa Award for 2010 and deserves to be given its own place on my bookshelf.

2 comments:

  1. sounds good! What is Darjeeling?

    Lainy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lainy - Darjeeling is called the champagne of teas - picked in the foothills of the Himalayas and sold in most supermarkets - it's quite delicious !

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.