Monday 9 May 2011

Blue Monday...


I was lucky enough to be given an early reading copy of Blue Monday to review for bookhuggers Real Readers - I've always been a fan of husband and wife combo Nicci French, and even more so when I won their entire back list in a book competition a couple of years ago!

So, when a lovely large size paperback popped through my letterbox, I couldn't wait to start reading it - Jaffa likes a good psychological thriller- and this one didn't disappoint either of us -

Here's what we thought of it......

"This tense, psychological thriller hits the ground running with a bleak tale of missing children. When similarities turn up in cases that are separated by twenty two years, the police are just as mystified as their predecessors at the lack of clues. It’s only when psychoanalyst Frieda Klein becomes suspicious, that alarm bells start to ring. What then follows is a tight psychological game between the perpetrator and the police.

There is an abundance of characters from the eccentric, to the downright creepy, all are seamlessly woven into the plot, and soon become an integral part of the story. Klein’s character is quirkily different, and at times she seems to be more of a hindrance to the police than a help, but her eccentricity is part of her charm , and this is certainly worth exploring in future novels, which I'm sure will follow this excellent start. The conclusion is well thought out, and definitely had the “oh, my goodness” factor. This is definitely one of those books that I shall recommend to my friends."


It was so good that I've already passed the book on to one of my book loving friends - should be popping through another letterbox any time soon.....

I'm always more than happy to share my books - it's what makes my world go round....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.