Monday 16 May 2011

History week...


As the weather appears be settling into a rainy sort of week, it will be my chance to read a fine selection of historical fiction - and there's nothing that Jaffa and I love more than curling up with a good history book, lost in the mist of time.
Jaffa loves a good Roman adventure, and I have a real treat in store for him with the first of Ben Kane's trilogy...The Forgotten Legion...but we kick off the week with a lovely interpretation of the story of Elizabeth of York, the mother of Henry VIII, and Queen of Henry VII....The King's Daughter by Sandra Worth - I started reading this last night, and am finding it an easy read, with some marked similarities to Philippa Gregory's The White Queen - I guess there's only so many times this story can be told without it appearing repetitive...

I can see from Sandra worth's website that she has written other Historical novels, but this is my first read of her books - so time will tell if I want to read any more....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.