Saturday 21 September 2013

Liebster Award....discover new blogs !!



Samantha from Bakey’s Book Blog nominated me for the Liebster Award. I'm so happy that Samantha thought of me for this. Thank you !!

The Liebster Award is a way to help blogs you like with less than 200 followers, and to give them some deserved attention so our followers can discover them as well.


Rules:

Link back the blogger that tagged you;
Nominate 10 others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you;
Ask 10 questions for the bloggers you nominate;
Let your nominees know of their award.



Samantha's Questions:


1. How are you today?

 I'm feeling fine, thank you, looking forward to a quiet weekend with lots of reading time!


2. What are you currently reading?

I'm currently reading Longbourn by Jo Baker, which is a fictional story based around the below stairs servants who looked after the Bennett family from the book Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.


3. Who is your favourite author?

Diana Gabaldon, the author of the Outlander series about a 20th century nurse who travels back in time to 18th century Scotland where she meets, and falls in love with Jamie Fraser, a charismatic highlander. I'm eagerly awaiting book 8 in the series, which is due to be published in March 2014.


4. Which genre will you never read?

I never say 'never' to anything as I am constantly surprised by genres ~ however,  I'm not keen on science fiction or horror.


5. Why did you start your blog?

I started my blog because I enjoy discussing books and sharing my love of reading with a wider audience.


6. Do you own an ereader?

I do. I read on Kindle and also on my iPad


7. What's your favourite meme that you take part in?

At the moment I only take part in the Friday Book Beginnings meme which is hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader ~ I enjoy this one as it gives me even more ideas for books I would like to read and it has introduced me to lots of new friends !


8. Are you a member of a book group?

Yes I am. I help to moderate a website which is dedicated to the books of my favourite author, Diana Gabaldon. 

Within this website , I organise a monthly Book of the Month and also several group readalongs . This month we are discussing Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter, and are just finishing a group read of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.

I also attend a local book group once a month in my library. This month's book is Time's Legacy by Barbara Erskine.


9. Have you read any books more than once?

I have read the Outlander series more than once - in fact I have re-read the books too many times to count !


10. The last book you gave up on? 

The Liars Gospel by Naomi Alderman


My Questions are :



1 - The best book you read last year
2 - A book that you've read more than 3 times
3 - Favourite book turned into a movie
4 – Favourite book from your childhood
5 - A book that makes you happy
6 - A book that makes you sad
7 - Most underrated book
8 - Most overrated book
9 - A book you thought you wouldn't like but ending up loving
10 - A Book you have wanted to read for a long time but haven't




My nominees are :


Anne at http://beingannereading.blogspot.co.uk/
Sarah at http://sbroadhurstreviews.blogspot.co.uk/
Leah at http://reflectionsofareader.blogspot.co.uk/
Karen at http://essexreader.blogspot.co.uk/
Anne at http://randomthingsthroughmyletterbox.blogspot.co.uk/
Kate at http://bookswithbunny.blogspot.co.uk/
Jan at http://beadyjansbooks.blogspot.co.uk/
Bernie at http://wyresworld.blogspot.co.uk/
Lisa at http://bookshelffantasies.com/
JB at http://brookcottagebooks.blogspot.co.uk/









10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. found your blog on goodreads!Hope you win!

    http://twinjabookreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination Josie, much appreciated! I'm really sorry I won't be continuing the loop by adding others - just lack of time (and so many reviews waiting...) and the fact that you've already nominated everyone I would have chosen - but really grateful to you for thinking of me. And a further appreciative mention - you really wouldn't believe how many author approaches I'm receiving because of the links to your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Anne- I tried to nominate those blogs with less than 200 followers. You can always take part at a later date.

      Jaffa and I are thrilled that your blog is getting more notice because of our links - happy dancing all round, I think :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you Jo for introducing us to new book review sites. As an indy author, these kind of recommendations are invaluable.

    Helena

    PS. When are you discussing Beautiful Ruins? I loved the book but I've heard various opinions on it, so would be really interested to hear what your blogging friends think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Helena - Your are very welcome - Jaffa and I try to do as much as we can to promote indy authors - every little helps !

      Should be discussing Beautiful Ruins any day soon...I have mixed feelings about it. I'll let you know what my book group think of it :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the nomination Josie. Like Anne, I really appreciate the thought but sadly don't have time at the moment to continue the nominations. I have also received an author request this morning as a result of your blog so a big thank you! Kxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen- no problem. I'm glad that your blog is taking off so well. Enjoy it :)

      Jaffa and I are always happy to help promote good bloggers and good authors !!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.