Tuesday 26 July 2011

Happy Tuesday...

I've been occupied with Knitting over the last few days as I wanted to add the finishing touches to some baby clothes I have been making for my daughter's friend's baby - I finished the last baby hat yesterday afternoon just in time ,as baby Isabella arrived safely last night.


I can always find time to read, and coincidentally have been reading The Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain -which is a multi layered story about secrets, lies and the enduring friendship of strong women.






My rating: 5 of 5 stars
jaffa's rating 5paws




When midwife Noelle commits suicide at the start of the book, her death unleashes a series of secrets that she has kept from her close friends. Tara and Emerson were friends with Noelle since their college days - Noelle was there when they were having their babies, they trusted her implicitly, and yet when it came down to the minutiae of Noelle's life, none of them really knew her at all.

The story is beautifully written, the characters come quickly to life and stay with you long after the last page is turned. Diane Chamberlain's writing just gets better and better, and this one particularly struck a chord with me as I worked in midwifery. From the opening chapter I was hooked, and in order to find out what happened next , I just had to read a "little bit more".

If you pick up this book be prepared to do nothing until you have finished it.



I'm now looking forward to Diane Chamberlain's next book ~ The Shadow Wife which is a reissue of her 2002 book Cypress Point, and is due out in the UK 19 August...









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.