Wednesday 10 July 2013

Outlander news....


Starz and Sony Pictures television will start filming in the Autumn of 2013 their Outlander adaptation of the best selling Outlander series by American author, Diana Gabaldon.

It with great delight that I share the news that came out yesterday that
Scottish actor, Sam Heughan has been cast 





“Oh. My. God. That man is a Scot to the bone and Jamie Fraser to the heart.”

Diana Gabaldon



Now that Jamie has been cast - and to my eyes - Sam looks quite perfect - I can't wait to see  the other characters - come to life. 


My only hope is that somehow , someday I'll get to see the series on UK televison or DVD.


Fingers crossed !


***


It seems like a long time since I wrote of my obsession for all things Outlandish,but really the books and the stories they contain are never forgotten, and just like the old friends they are, they sit patiently waiting for yet another re-read.


In the excitement of yesterday's news, it now seems imperative that I re-read the books with the *official* Jamie in mind. I have a lot of books to reread ~ seventeen* at the last count ~ which is not including the back up copies I have on Kindle ~ just in case !!
*includes the Lord John books and duplicate copies of Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Drums of Autumn



I have an eclectic mix of book editions - my oldest book is the 1991, mass market paperback, which was the only copy available to buy at the time - hardback copies in the early 1990s were pretty hard to come by.






My 1991 copy is now so old and fragile, I have to protect it with its own little bag - tartan lined , of course !





As you can see my other copies are a mixture of hard copies and paperback - all are far from pristine - they've been read more times than I care to admit and they're still the only books I would save if the house was on fire.










But by far the most precious of my books are my 20th Anniversary copy of Outlander and my hardback copy of The Exile, which thanks to my friends at the Outlander Book Club - both books are signed by Diana Gabaldon.


Alba gu bràth
"Scotland forever",



These beautiful Outlander book Beads were a gift
from a lovely friend which I then added onto my own silver book mark.





Twitter: @Outlander_Starz - join the conversation with #Outlander and #STARZ



~***~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.