Friday 12 July 2013

Book Beginnings on Fridays....


Hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader

Book Beginnings on Fridays as stated by the host was started:

 "to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires."

You can share on Google + and social media , please post using the hash tag #BookBeginnings
and there's also a Mr Linky on the host's blog.



Book Beginning : Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts

Whiskey Beach


Through the chilly curtain of sleet, in the intermittent wash of the great light on the jutting cliff to the south, the massive silhouette of Bluff House loomed over Whiskey Beach. It faced the cold, turbulent Atlantic like a challenge.

I will last as long as you.

**

I like this opening sentence. I can imagine the cold, and picture the sweep of light as it illuminates the house and Whiskey beach is suddenly there in my imagination and the story is open with endless possibility.


I know that as I open the latest Nora Roberts that I am in for a good read. Her books are always pure escapism and she has a wonderful ability to tell a good story, and sometimes that's just what I need on a sunny summer's day.


**

A bit of book blurb...thanks to goodreads



For more than three hundred years, Bluff House has sat above Whiskey Beach, guarding its shore - and its secrets.

To summer tourists, it's the crown jewel of the town's stunning scenery. To the residents of Whiskey Beach, it's landmark and legend. To Eli Landon, it's home...

A Boston lawyer, Eli has weathered an intense year of public scrutiny and police investigation after being accused of murdering his soon-to-be ex-wife. And though there was never enough evidence to have him arrested, his reputation is in tatters as well as his soul. He need sanctuary. He needs Bluff House.




13 comments:

  1. I have this book on my TBR list, and agree that Nora Roberts's novels offer a great way to escape from the daily grind. Perfect summer reading!

    My Friday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/07/friday-focus-friday-56-and-book_12.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine - thanks for visiting and for your comments on my Friday Book Beginnings.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy this meme Josie, glad you've decided to join in. This sounds like a good read from the tempting opening. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsay - This is a great idea - thanks for the inspiration!

      Delete
  3. I've had my eye on this one...thanks for sharing. Enjoy! Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurel - thanks for visiting and for leaving your comments on my Friday Book Beginning:)

      Delete
  4. You definitely get a feeling of the surroundings! I do love houses at the beach, but whisky is so not my thing I don't know whether I could live near a beach called Whisky Beach! I hope you enjoy this book! Thanks for sharing :)
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Juli - thanks for visiting - I'm not a great whiskey drinker either but the book is good !! :)

      Delete
  5. Long time I read a Nora Roberts novel!......thanks for sharing!

    Here is my post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi gautami - thanks for visiting and for leaving your comments :)

      Delete
  6. I just like the way the words whiskey and beach sound together. This looks like a lot of fun. It has been years since I read a Nora Roberts novel.

    Thanks for playing along with Book Beginnings!

    Rose City Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gilion - thanks for the inspiration for Book Beginnings - I'm going to enjoy joining in with all the fun !

      Delete
  7. What a descriptive beginning - Nora Roberts has a way of painting a picture with words. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.