Sunday 29 March 2020

Sunday Brunch with Jaffareadstoo ~ Anne Williams



On this quiet Sunday morning why don't you put the kettle on, make your favourite breakfast and settle down for Sunday Brunch with Jaffareadstoo




I'd delighted to welcome blogger, Anne Williams from Being Anne









☼Good Morning, Anne. Happy Sunday !



What favourite food are you bringing to Sunday brunch? 

You can’t really go wrong with a bacon buttie, can you? 


Would you like a pot of English Breakfast tea, a strong Americano, or a glass of Bucks Fizz? 

Ooh, the coffee please Josie - with just a splash of milk… 


Which of your literary heroes are joining us today? 

I think maybe some of those lovely ladies from Authors on the Edge - it’s not too far for them to travel, and I so loved the two Miss Moonshine anthologies, as well as some of the novels they’ve written on their own. 


What’s the title of the book nearest to you? 

It’s Miss Boston and Miss Hargreaves by Rachel Malik - I’ve had a signed copy on my bookshelves for quite a long time, but it’s this month’s choice for my real-life bookclub. 


32795993. sy475



What’s the oldest book on your book shelf? 

I’ll admit I’ve had a major clear-out over the last few years - I now read almost entirely on kindle, and have only hung on to my signed copies. But scanning my shelves, I think it might be a signed copy of Milly Johnson’s The Yorkshire Pudding Club - with a very old cover, featuring headless women! 


Which book do you really want to read but haven’t had time for …yet! 

I’m so behind with Lucinda Riley’s books - the standalones, and I’ve only managed the first two of the Seven Sisters series. 


Do you have a guilty reading pleasure, and if so will you tell us about it? 

I’m never guilty about my reading - I read whatever I feel like at the time, and get every bit as much pleasure from a fast-paced rom com as I do from something much more literary and challenging… 


If the house was on fire which book would you rescue? 

I might grab an armful of signed books, and my kindle will be in my handbag (as it always is). 


Do you have a reading playlist on Spotify, or a favourite CD to listen to when reading? And if so will you share with us a favourite song or piece of music that makes you feel happy? 

I prefer classical music when I’m reading, because I find words distracting - usually just Classic FM, on low in the background, and I particularly enjoy a bit of Rachmaninov… 


Do you have a favourite place to settle down to read? 

Most of my reading is in the afternoons in my lounge, in my reclining chair, with a cup of tea to hand (I switch from coffee to tea in the afternoons!). But I love the summer, when I can sit outside in the shade and disappear into a book for a while. But I’ll read anywhere and everywhere - and at all hours of the day or night. 


Give us four essential items that a blogger absolutely needs? 

A diary, kept rigorously updated 

A good wifi signal 

A piece of IT kit that suits your needs - some, I know, use their phones but for me it has to be my iMac 

An innate sense of organisation and attention to detail 


Tell us a little about your blog and why you are so passionate about books and reading? 

I started blogging seven years ago now - you might remember that you were one of the friends who encouraged me to start. I love doing it now more than I ever did - books are the best escape from life I know, and have given me so many years of joy. I guess I blog mainly to share my love with others, perhaps making them aware of books they might otherwise miss - but also to say thank you to the many authors whose books I’ve loved. 




Twitter @WilliamsAnne13





2 comments:

  1. Hi Anne! It was wonderful to learn a bit more about you! All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Camilla, thanks for supporting Sunday Brunch. Glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.