Thursday 16 July 2015

Review ~ How I lost You by Jenny Blackhurst

23435951
Headline
2015

Three years ago Susan Webster was sent to psychiatric prison for killing her three month old son, Dylan. On her release from prison she becomes someone with a new identity and hopes to start afresh but then someone sends her a photograph of  toddler called Dylan and her world explodes in more ways than one.

This is a very clever psychological thriller which certainly cranks up the tension and creates an air of menace which is as compelling as it is intriguing. There is much to take in, both in terms of a story being told in flashback and its relevance to what's happening in the here and now. Obviously, to reel off the plot verbatim would be to spoil this story entirely. It's really worth reading for those genuine gasp out loud moments which have you frantically scurrying back through the pages to see what you've missed in the rush to find out what happens next.

I love a good psychological thriller and this is certainly up there with the rest of the current crop of female authors who do this genre so very well.





My thanks to NetGalley and Headline for my copy of this book.



~***~







4 comments:

  1. I saw this one on offer on kindle I think, and I was tempted, now I am even more tempted, thanks Josie and Jaffa. Hope you're well. Lindsay x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay - hope you like it. All is well here x

      Delete
  2. Really like the sound of this one Josie, will need to keep a wee eye out for it :D

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd pass my copy onto you Lainy except its from NetGalley ...x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.