Monday 23 February 2015

Bloggers on the Blog...Liz Loves Books


Bloggers on the blog




My latest Monday feature showcases some of the best of my book blogging community. 

These are the unsung heroes who are constantly on the look out for new and exciting books 

and who give so generously of their time, energy and expertise.



So come and meet the Bloggers who Blog.


***


I am delighted to introduce


Liz 


from


Liz Loves Books



Liz welcome to Jaffareadstoo

and thanks for taking part in our

10 questions in 10 minutes....





What makes you want to blog about books?

I read a book I want to talk about it. People got fed up with me blathering so now I BLOG about it. Read a book, love a book, review a book. Although to be fair with me at the moment it’s often "Read a book love a book, add it to the "write a review" list as I can't wait to get onto the next! I then splurge and do several in a few hours.



What type of book makes you happy?

Anything that gets the blood pumping. Example: Pierce Brown and the Red Rising trilogy. Nearly drove me insane but I loved it so much. I can't even tell you the range of emotions that I went through reading both Red Rising AND Golden Son.



Which book have you recommended the most?

The Humans by Matt Haig. The book that saved my life. I am determined that everyone on the planet will have read it before I die.



Which is the best book you received as a gift?

My first copy of "To Kill a Mockingbird" Now well worn and tattered it was given to me by my Dad who has not been with us for many years.



Which book has sent a shiver down your spine? 

Oh most recently Revival by Stephen King. But the book above all others that made me hide under the duvet was House of Leaves by Mark Z Danielewsky


How many books do you have, as yet unread, on your book shelves?

Oh gosh I have NO idea. I have bookshelves full of books I've not YET read. Probably over 200. Its just the way I like it!



Tell me about a book you’ve read more than three times?

I've read all the John Connolly Charlie Parker series multiple times.  And expect to do so again. They are so haunting, beautifully written and addictive I can't get enough.


What’s your idea of book heaven or book hell?

Book Heaven: A new Courtney Summers (or add ANY of my fave authors there)  book, 2 hours, coffee and no-one to bother me. 

Book Hell : Anything involving the term "New Adult" What IS a New Adult anyway? 




Where is your favourite reading place?

My big comfy swivel reading chair with a blanket and often one of my kids curled up with their book beside me.



What has been your favourite book of the year...so far ? 

So far? Difficult. But I'd have to say "Normal" by Graeme Cameron. That book KILLED me. I dare anyone to read it and hold the moral high ground.




You can find Liz on her website http://lizlovesbooks.com/

Twitter @Lizzy11268





My thanks to Liz for giving so generously of her time

Jaffa and I love your blog

Long may it continue.


~***~













4 comments:

  1. This is great. I've been lucky enough to meet Liz a couple of times now and can actually hear her saying those words!
    A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne !
      I love brining our blogging community together and even though some of us don't get the chance to meet up, it's so great that we all share a love of books ....and blogging !

      Delete
  2. I've been on the other side of Liz asking me questions so it's nice to see her in the firing line for a change. Lovely feature - book bloggers deserve to be celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam and welcome to Jaffareadstoo. I agree that Bloggers deserve some time in the spotlight !

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.