Wednesday 17 April 2013

Wishlist Wednesday..


I am delighted to be part of wishlist Wednesday which is hosted by Dani at pen to paper

The idea is to post about one book each week that has been on your wishlist for some time, or maybe just added.

So what do you need to do to join in?

Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.

Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.

Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.

Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of her post.

Put a link back to pen to paper (http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com) somewhere in your post.




My Wishlist Wednesday book 


The Summer Queen 

by

Elizabeth Chadwick


The Summer Queen


Book blurb from Goodreads



Eleanor of Aquitaine is a 12th century icon who has fascinated readers for 800 years. But the real Eleanor remains elusive.

This stunning novel introduces an Eleanor that all other writers have missed. Based on the most up-to-date research, it is the first novel to show Eleanor beginning her married life at 13. Barely out of childhood, this gives an entirely new slant to how Eleanor is treated bv those around her. She was often the victim and her first marriage was horribly abusive.


Overflowing with scandal, passion, triumph and tragedy, Eleanor's legendary story begins when her beloved father dies in the summer of 1137, and she is made to marry the young prince Louis of France. A week after the marriage she becomes a queen and her life will change beyond recognition.


Due to be published by in June 2013.


I have been an avid reader of Elizabeth Chadwick's books since the 1990s and her latest books are always firmly placed on my wishlist well in advance of their publication.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like an lovely read if, like me, you love historical settings. I hope you'll get to read it soon after it is released :o)

    My WW can be found on Le Chat de Bibliothèque.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ingrid - I agree it does sound a lovely read - I am sure it will soon find its way to me :)

      Delete
  2. Good choice this week! I hope you enjoy it when it's finally released :)

    my WW
    Shushkat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't help it -- every time I see a reference to Eleanor of Aquitaine, I picture Katherine Hepburn!This sounds great. I'll have to check it out!

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Lisa - I know what you mean ! I've long been fascinated by Eleanor of Aquitaine :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.