Friday 2 November 2012

Friday Recommends...

Knitting 24/7

by

Veronik Avery


Knitting 24/7 by Veronik Avery
Open Road Media
September 11 2012

30 projects to knit, wear and enjoy, on the go and around the clock

Most people who know me understand my passion not just for knitting but also for knitting pattern books - I have almost as many pattern books as I do reading books !!

So when I was given the opportunity to read and review this book for NetGalley and Open Road Media , well my needles went into overload at the the thought of it ...




Here's what I thought of it.


The illustrations are really quite pretty and the easy to understand knitting instructions are very tempting - I wanted to make everything at once. I loved the way the book was divided into specific sections and the emphasis on morning, afternoon and weekend knitting was inspired.
There are very good sections which explain some of the more complicated techniques and a good abbreviation list. The list of yarn stockist is comprehensive and useful, as is the website address list.

It's one of those knitting books I'd love to have sitting on my craft shelf. I think just to be able to dip into it from time to time would be lovely.The patterns are really attractive and I'm sure would inspire even the most sluggish of knitters.

5*****

2 comments:

  1. Could an inexperienced knitter follow it, or is it for experts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hilary - there is an element of expertise required as some of the patterns are a little complex for a beginner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.