Sunday 26 August 2012

One small step for the man in the moon......


"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."



Around 600 million people around the world watched as Neil Armstrong took his first tentative steps on the moon on the 20 July 1969. As an eleven year old I watched as those grainy black and white pictures were beamed back to earth, and couldn't quite believe my eyes, and my grandmother who was 82 at the time, felt she was witnessing a miracle. 




We are 43 years on from that historic day and I agree with my grandmother.

We did witness a miracle.






 Neil Armstrong will always be the man in the moon.


RIP




2 comments:

  1. I was 22. I set the alarm, got up and watched it all, leaving my Mum in bed and totally uninterested. My Dad had died the year before, and I was so sorry that he could not be there with me..... he would have been "over the moon" in the best possible way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan - the moon landing is one of those events that you always remember what you were doing when it happened.
      An iconic 20th century moment!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.