Tuesday 2 August 2011

Yippee - A new author for me .....!

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
jaffa's rating 4paws



I've not read any of Val McDermid's books before and recently acquired this latest book , which is a stand alone story, and so not part of any established series.



At the beginning of the story we know that someone has been murdered , we even have two suspects facing trial for the crime but what then follows throughout the rest of the book, is the story of how, why, and what happened, not just to the murder victim, but also what happened to those who were intimately involved in the crime.


Overall, I enjoyed it and thought that the book was cleverly layered, with some interesting, though, not very likeable characters, and felt the story had just enough cliffhangers to keep me reading to find out what happened next. The plot isn't as gritty or as graphic as some murder / mysteries I enjoy, but there were some interesting observations, and I have to acknowledge that Val McDermid is obviously very adept at her craft.


Perhaps I have found me a new author - don't you just love it when that happens ?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.