Sunday 13 December 2020

๐ŸŽ… Christmas Sunday Brunch with Jaffareadstoo ~ Nancy Revell

 

On this quiet December Sunday morning why don't you put the kettle on, make your favourite breakfast and settle down for a Festive Sunday Brunch with Jaffareadstoo





๐ŸŽ… I'm delighted to welcome author, Nancy Revell to our Christmas Sunday Brunch today ๐ŸŽ…





๐ŸŽ…Welcome, Nancy what favourite food are you bringing to this Christmas Sunday brunch? 

Mmm, I think I would have to bring lots of seafood – lobster, smoked salmon and perhaps a few oysters! Crisps and olives too! I could go on….. 



๐ŸŽ…Would you like a pot of English breakfast tea, a strong Americano, or a celebratory glass of Bucks Fizz? 

I think I’d have a strong Americano followed by a celebratory glass of Bucks Fizz! But if I had to pick one – then I’d ditch the coffee and go straight for the champs – this is Christmas after all! 



๐ŸŽ…Where shall we eat brunch – around the kitchen table, in the formal dining room, or outside on the patio

I’m chuckling to myself thinking of us all out on the patio! We’d get blown away! I live in the north-east of England – just a short walk away from the North Sea – so much as I’d love to be on the patio, we’d have to stay indoors. Definitely dining room – makes it more of an occasion, I think. 


๐ŸŽ…Shall we have festive music playing in the background? And if so will you share with us a favourite Christmas song or piece of Christmas music that makes you happy? 

Oh, definitely music in the background. I love Christmas carols, but I think I’d also like to put on ‘A Holly Dolly Christmas’. I’m a huge Dolly fan all year round – and on this CD she does some great duets with Michael Bublรฉ, Billy Ray Cyrus, Miley Cyrus, Jimmy Fallon and Willie Nelson. 


๐ŸŽ…Which of your literary heroes (dead or alive) are joining us for Sunday Brunch today? 

How about Jackie Collins, Armistead Maupin and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie? I love their books, but I also think they’d be really fun, down-to-earth and interesting company! 


๐ŸŽ…Which favourite Christmas book will you bring to Sunday Brunch? 

It would have to be ‘A Christmas Carol’. 


Oxford World Classics
2006



๐ŸŽ…When you are writing do you still find time to read for pleasure? And is there a book you would like to read but haven’t had time for …yet! 

Yes! And yes again! The next on my TBR pile is Sarah Waters ‘The Paying Guests’. One of my lovely readers sent it to me as a present. 


๐ŸŽ…What’s the oldest book on your bookshelf? 

The Bible. I also have an incredibly old copy of Rudyard Kipling’s ‘Kim’ which was gifted to me by an old sub-editor I used to work with. 


๐ŸŽ…Where do you find the inspiration for your novels? 

All around me. Life. People. In particular what motivates people and their psychology. I also get ideas when I do research and will often set a scene around an actual WW2 event. 


๐ŸŽ…Have you a favourite place to settle down to write and do you find it easier to write in winter or summer? 

In my office. It’s the only place I can concentrate and shut off from the world. I don’t think it really matters to me which season. 


๐ŸŽ…When writing to a deadline are you easily distracted and if so how do you bring back focus on your writing? 

No, not at all. I have a schedule and I try my utmost to stick to it. Probably because of my former life as a freelance journalist. 


๐ŸŽ…Give us four essential items that a writer absolutely needs? 

I suppose you just really need something to write on – whether that’s paper or a screen … everything else is in your head. 


๐ŸŽ…What can you tell us about your latest novel or your current work in progress? 

‘Shipyard Girls Under the Mistletoe’. It’s due out on 31st September 2021. And it’s the eleventh book in the Shipyard Girl series. 


Nancy's Latest Novel


Arrow
October 2020



Sunderland, 1943: As Christmas approaches in the shipyards, everyone is hoping for a little magic…

Helen would love to find the courage to tell the dashing Dr Parker of her true feelings for him. But how can she when he clearly has eyes for someone else?

More than a year has passed since Bel’s wedding to sweetheart Joe. She knows she has much to feel thankful for and yet there is still one burning desire which she cannot ignore.

And as Polly grows with child, she hopes against hope for a safe delivery – and that her husband Tommy can soon return from the front line to meet their new arrival.

There will be storms to weather, but guided by their strength and friendship there is still hope for each of the shipyard girls that their Christmas wishes will come true. 


๐ŸŽ…Nancy, where can we follow you on social media? ๐ŸŽ…


Twitter: @arevellwalton 

Facebook page: Amanda Revell Walton

@arrowpublishing




More about Nancy Revell

Nancy Revell is the author of the bestselling Shipyard Girls series, a heart-warming saga series set in the north-east of England during World War II. Her books have featured on the Sunday Times bestseller list multiple times, and she is also a former journalist who worked for all the national newspapers, providing them with hard-hitting news stories and in-depth features. Nancy also wrote amazing and inspirational true life stories for just about every woman’s magazine in the country. When she first started writing the Shipyard Girls series, Nancy relocated back to her hometown of Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, along with her husband, Paul, and their English bull mastiff, Rosie. They now live just a short walk away from the beautiful award-winning beaches of Roker and Seaburn, within a mile of where the books are set. The subject is particularly close to Nancy’s heart as she comes from a long line of shipbuilders, who were well known in the area.


๐ŸŽ…Nancy, thank you for taking part in Sunday Brunch with Jaffareadstoo ๐ŸŽ…


Thank you for inviting me!


Follow us on Twitter @jaffareadstoo #SundayBrunchwithJaffareadstoo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.