Sunday 19 April 2020

Sunday Brunch with Jaffareadstoo ~ Kathryn Freeman




On this quiet Sunday morning why don't you put the kettle on, make your favourite breakfast and settle down for Sunday Brunch with Jaffareadstoo





I'd delighted to welcome author,  Kathryn Freeman






☼Good Morning, Kathryn. Happy Sunday !


It’s lovely to be joining you for Sunday Brunch Jo (and Jaffa!) - thank you so much for the invitation. 


What favourite food are you bringing to Sunday brunch?

My favourite food is fish and chips, but even I can see there are better options for a Sunday brunch. How about I bring a black pudding, in the hope you’ll have the bacon, eggs, sausages and beans 😊


Would you like a pot of English Breakfast tea, a strong Americano, or a glass of Bucks Fizz?

My staple drink while writing is a cup of tea, but as this is a special occasion, bring on the Bucks Fizz please (and easy on the orange juice).


Which of your literary heroes are joining us today?

If we’re talking writers, I’d love to bring Nora Roberts and Jilly Cooper, authors I’ve been reading for decades. But please can I be greedy and bring Jules Wake and Sue Moorcroft, too? Not only do I love their writing, they are both heroes because of the help, support and encouragement they give other writers (incuding me!). If we’re talking book heroes, I’ve got Ross Poldark on speed dial (in my fictional world).


What’s the title of the book nearest to you?

Oh dear, now you’re going to catch me out, because on the shelf behind me are my paperbacks…! When I’m in a writing slump, they help remind me I can do this. The nearest book to me aside from those are the ones on my kindle. I’m currently reading If I Never Met You by Mhairi McFarlane. Just started it, but I enjoyed Don’t You Forget About Me so I have high hopes 

48691788. sy475
Harper Collins

What’s the oldest book on your book shelf?

That would probably be Bentley’s Textbook of Pharmaceutics, which I bought second hand for my pharmacy degree…okay, it’s also old because the degree was a loooooong time ago! I’ve never referred to it since (because it also qualifies for most boring book on my shelf), but somehow can’t part with it.


Which book do you really want to read but haven’t had time for …yet!

Before I go to bed, I always read because helps turn my brain off. That’s what I love romantic fiction for – it’s easy to get lost in this fabulous other world, yet at the same time it’s also relaxing and uplifting. I have Jenson Button’s autobiography sitting waiting for me to read, but that needs a bit more focus - a holiday, or a day when I can just devote myself to reading. I haven’t had that chance, yet.


Do you have a guilty reading pleasure, and if so will you tell us about it?

I absolutely adored the Christina Lauren Beautiful series – and the follow on Wicked series. It’s only guilty in the sense they’re a bit raunchy, but boy are they addictive; beautifully written, funny, yet with plenty of tugs on the heartstrings.


If the house was on fire which book would you rescue?

I have to confess I would grab a handful of my own, just because I’m so proud to have finally got my name on the front. So many years went by when I didn’t think it would ever happen.


Do you have a reading/writing playlist on Spotify, or a favourite CD to listen to when reading/writing? And if so will you share with us a favourite song or piece of music that makes you feel happy?

I like to write in silence – no music, just the sound of the birds if I have my window open (okay, that’s now, while I’m writing in lockdown. Before that, it would be the sound of the aeroplanes!). Music that makes me feel happy – Queen and Don’t Stop Me Now. Come to think of it, maybe I should play that when I’m writing…


Do you have a favourite place to settle down to read/write?

I can write anywhere. I have an office in the top floor of the house and that’s where I usually work, but if there is sun on the patio I’ll take my laptop outside (and squint!). For reading, my favourite place would be on a sunlounger, by the Indian ocean…


Give us four essential items that a writer absolutely needs?

A passion for writing, a clear view of who the characters are, dogged determination to put words onto paper even when it seems easier to pull teeth. And a mug of tea (but maybe that’s just me).


What can you tell us about your latest novel, or your current work in progress?

My latest novel, The New Guy, is an office based romance with a twist – she’s the CEO. He was the one night stand who finds himself working for her.


One More Chapter

Following that, published in June, is Up Close and Personal. This features British actor Zac Edwards and his new bodyguard - close protection officer, Kat Parker. She has one job: to protect Zac from the stalker that seems to be dogging his every move. Zac might get her hot under her very starched collar, but Kat’s a professional and sleeping with Zac is no way part of her remit…

I’m currently working on Strictly Dating, a romance set (loosely!) in the world of ballroom dancing 😊

Kathryn where can we follow you on social media?

Twitter @kathrynfreeman1






2 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to spend Sunday - thank you so much for hosting me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a real pleasure to have you as our guest. Come back and see us again soon, Kathryn x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.