Monday 18 May 2015

Bloggers on the Blog ....Alwaysreading...




Bloggers on the blog


My latest feature showcases some of the best of the book blogging community. 

These are the unsung heroes who are constantly on the look out for new and exciting books 

and who give so generously of their time ,energy and expertise.




I am delighted to welcome


Lainy


from the excellent blog



My Photo


Alwaysreading

So many books, so little time



What makes you want to blog about books?

 I started it to keep tags on what I was reading to be honest. I found myself re buying books and half way through the penny would drop I had already read it. Then people started interacting with me, getting to know people via their blogs, recommendations and now it has been about three years, I can't imagine not doing it.



What type of book makes you happy?

 Reading makes me happy, my favourite genre is horror so to say horror books makes me happy sounds a wee bit creepy and not right lol, but you know what I mean.



Which book have you recommended the most?

 Me before you by Jojo Moyes. I love it and bought her back catalogue after reading, most people loved it too, well so far the ones I have recommended it to.



Which is the best book you received as a gift?

Pride Predjudice and zombies, I love a zombie book and the fact they put it into a class AND my friend who loves the original was not only horrified that they had done that but she just had to buy it for me, delighted!



Which book has sent a shiver down your spine?

 Stephen Kings IT, I was a pre teen when I read it.



How many books do you have, as yet unread, on your book shelves?

Um that's a hard one, I have two full bookcases untouched and two that have a mixed or read and still to be read, not counting my kindle. I would say in the region of 300.



Tell me about a book you’ve read more than three times?

 Lord of the Rings by J R R Tolkien, love the movies too. It has everything, mystical creatures, good verses evil, love, bravery, friendship and it is such a big read, I have the 3 in 1 version, so you find things you forgot or missed the first time around.



What’s your idea of book heaven or book hell? 


When you get a printing error so the last 4 chapters are missing, this happened to me before, utter hell. My friend loaned me it on purpose for a joke then couldn't find the proper copy, thankfully I have a lot of book friends so managed to get a copy and find out what happened.



Where is your favourite reading place?

 This is hard because it changes. I love curling up on the couch with some scented candles, a blanky and my cat. I love reading in the bath and only recently lost a book to that (it of course had to be one I had on loan!) and in bed at night and mostly my three top ones.



What has been your favourite book of the year...so far ?

The last days of Rabbit Hayes by Anna McPartlin and so far my only 5 star this year. It is a story about a young lady whose life is coming to an end after her cancer has returned. It sounds depressing but it is the opposite, it made me laugh, cry, think and even now, a few books later I am still thinking about it. It is a celebration of life and one very amusing everyday fairly normal family. I can't recommend it enough!


Follow Lainy on Twitter @SMBSLT





Huge thanks to Lainy for giving so generously of her time

Jaffa and I love visiting your blog

Long may it continue.




~***~


5 comments:

  1. Nice to see Lainy in such elevated company (haha!). I do love reading about other book bloggers, Josie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan - it's been lovely to see all my favourite bloggers on the blog :)

      Delete
  2. Yay nice to see Lainy here Josie, love this series featuring bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies thats me just got back here Josie, thanks so much for having me and for this feature, finding new people and lots of my old favs. Keep it going :D

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - Jaffareadstoo appreciates your interest.